Nancy's Pretty Things

welcome

Oooh! How exciting! Nancy has a blog! You'll never know what you will find here...Pictures of my cards or pictures of my bestfriend Sam (the Eggo loving bear) or.... Who knows!? And If you want to see a picture close up, just click on it!

Fairy card


I thought I would share this card with you. I have been doing a little practice with sewing on my cards, and this is one of my first attempts at using a fancy stitch to hold two pieces of paper together. I thought if I could learn to sew on my cards, I could eliminate the need for glue. Well, it turns out, that I am not talented enough to hold the paper in place while sewing, so I had to glue it together first! haha. But I do think the sewing adds a extra touch to the cards. Hopefully with some practice it will start looking better! :)

I see Sam has been posting on my blog again.... well, I did buy some new markers this weekend! I was so excited to find some Copics on sale at Dick Blick! I made my poor husband stand there for 2 hours while I tried to decide what colors to choose from. What a sweet and patient man he is! With 360 colors to choose from, I just couldnt decide... I wanted to buy only 10. I ended up comming home with 13. But they were on sale, so that's ok right? :) The new markers that I bought should help with the blending of my pictures, so you shouldn't see anymore streaky skies, like in the card above! I am so excited to start practicing with my new copics! :) I have started a card already with them, and I will post it when I am finished.

0 comments:

Post a Comment